Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Collective of Heart Friends + Families Helping Me Feel At Home, Even When Home is Nowhere and Everywhere on the Planet

How does one start writing about the heart chakra? There is so much to write and at the same time when you are connected in this sacred place there is nothing that needs to be read, written or spoken about, at all. In fact sometimes those things just get in the way.

One thing I want to say about my heart, is that I feel....so grateful! Grateful for my Collective of Heart Friends and Families around the Planet!




I know you have heard me say that so many times before....and I've written it probably a few hundred times more than that. It's so true. I am so grateful especially for the hundreds of families who have hosted me, I have so many "homes away from home" now after living and traveling on the road for these past 2 years and 7 months on Tour. And I am especially grateful for the Collective that I now call my family of friends all around the world. It's getting harder and harder to say "see you soon" as I know that means a much longer "soon" than the past years.



As of February 2011 I will be settling down...finishing the Spiritual Globalisation Tour. Well, what that really means is that I'll be living on the road only 50% (not 100%) of the year and the other 50% living between New York City and Bali!



So excited to finally have a place (or two) to hang my yoga mat for a while. And I'm looking forward to spending some more time with my elderly parents, my brothers + sister and their families, my 7 month old nephew Kingston, and my friends in the States that I've been living away from. It's been over 3.5 years since I moved from New York City to Perth, Australia.






I didn't realize how much I missed my Stateside tribe until I reconnected with them this past summer on the Butterfly Effect Tour (which raised vibration, consciousness, and also resources to clean up the BP oil spill in the Gulf...more on that in our next newsletter next week). It took some of us only 10.8 minutes to defrost the distance in time and space that came between us over these past years...and we were back on track...our hearts and laughter tuned into the same frequencies! No time or distance changed that original connection.



Another realisation that came from this amazing mini tour was adding the word "Collective" at the end of Twee Yoga. It's certainly not about just me. It's about us. We are now the Twee Yoga Collective....and as I said to my friends and my support tribe, and I'll say it to you...Something big is happening here, and I'm taking you with me! I feel it. I have been traveling around the world and I am seeing and feeling changes happening everywhere on so many levels. We are awakening from a slumber of serving ourselves to serving others and now I know it...we are serving the Collective! The Collective Consciousness of our entire human race, the planet, the ocean, the animals, the plants, the trees, the insects, the birds, the bees (you know we've been talking a lot about the bees!)...it's all happening! And it's exciting!

As we each continue to rise, we all rise. I know this! I can feel the rising of my own heart being lifted by so many with whom I meet along this Tour. We continue to inspire each other with our smiles, with our open hearts, with our genuine attention towards each other, when we need someone to just listen to our stories and try to understand and even relate. We are taking it to another level for sure!



And that's why it's not about me. It never was. It's about us!....and how we can all make a difference. Ladies and Gentlemen, Girls and Boys, Yoginis and Yogins, I introduce to you...our Collective.

Who are we? We are the tribe that will continue to inspire, help us all to stay wide awake and to love ourselves first in order to love and serve each other and our communities and our planet. I'm bringing us, to you, to them...one newsletter at a time, one blog at a time, one newly launched website to feature our tribe. Oh...by the way, tweeyoga.com will be relaunching by Dec 1st. Send me some positive vibes to help me complete this project so we can share more of the Collective with you sooner than later. (Thanks Susana, Boris, Jed, Christina, and Harlan for your help so far! ;-)



So I start by introducing the Stateside friends of the Collective and this month's contributing writers who I have gathered from the Butterfly Effect Tour this past July + August. They are among the first of hundreds thousands of inspirational friends of the Collective with whom I will share with you throughout the years to come as I continue to travel and feature their voices as a symbol of "the change that is already happening in the world!" (I told you, something big is happening....I feel it. It's a ripple effect...you feel it too, don't you?)

Carole Westerman of Om-aha, our newsletter editor who shares her Hanuman leap of faith story; Amanda Thompson with whom I (and a sold out class at Daphne + Tom Larkin's, Sanctuary for Yoga Studio) had the pleasure of celebrating her 50th birthday, in Nashville in August. She's sharing her inner and outer beauty tips related to the heart. See her photo below...it's ridiculously amazing!...the body and smile and radiance of a 26 year old! Monica Mesa of Crested Butte...it was her house where I first perused the book Tantric Orgasm for Women, and I knew I had to share it with you. After just a few pages, it shifted some major paradigms on love~making for sure!



So enjoy and I hope to see you along this Tour sometime soon.

Oh!! One more thing....You are invited to my 40th! Of course! There will be three different celebrations for you to join me..us! I'll be co-teaching a yoga + surfing retreat again with Lauren Hanna of Sonic Yoga NYC in Morocco for my 40th birthday celebration on Oct 26th. An intimate retreat with only a few 6 spots left. Who else would I want to be with than you! My Collective of friends and family around the world! Oh! and if you can't make Morocco then maybe the Hawaii Spirit Festival in Oahu, the week before.... or in Bali the week after celebrating at Desa Seni Resort, one of my favorite homes away from home! I said I was grateful yes? See why? Because I know dreams come true...especially if they come from deep within your heart!



See you soon!
Love, Twee